A majority of your guests for culinary experiences will be novices in the kitchen. Here are some tips for keeping your recipes home cook friendly:
- When possible, use empirical measurements (tsp, cup, etc.) instead of or alongside metric measurements.
- Include an equipment list, particularly if you plan on using anything that might not be found in a majority of kitchens (large-scale food processor, cavatelli board, etc.).
- Try to limit specialty ingredients that might be difficult for guests to source.
- Stay away from super complicated recipes. For home cooks, it's good to focus on discussing techniques and flavors vs creating something elaborate.
- Note how many people the recipe will serve, so guests can plan accordingly.