Get your first experience ready in no time! These five steps will help you get ready to rock and roll.
Step 1: Account & Host Profile
Before you host your first experience, you should make sure your host profile is looking spiffy. This is your public profile on Tastemade Makers/Experiences, so it's important to put your best foot forward. We highly recommend that you complete each field and provide as much up-to-date information as possible. Definitely be certain to complete your name, city, profile and cover photos, social and web links, and bio.
Step 2: Verify Payment Information (for Payouts)
Payouts are scheduled every Tuesday and Thursday via ACH (we use Stripe for processing) after the completion of your hosted experience. If you have not done so already, you need to link up your bank information here: Verify Your Payment Info with Stripe. How much money you can make is directly related to how many tickets are sold.
Note: We currently process payouts to bank accounts in the US and select other countries.
Step 3: Create Your Experience Listing
A. Select "CREATE EXPERIENCE" from the Account dropdown menu. Choose whether you'll be hosting a Livestream or In-Person experience.
B. Fill out your experience information.
- Fill in a Name, Date, Time, and Description for your experience. Some tips on crafting an engaging title and description here.
- The Number of Spots may or may not matter, depending on where you are hosting from. If you're hosting on Zoom or want to have a more intimate experience, limit the number of spots accordingly. If you're using Tastemade's platform, there's no limit to how many guests can view your stream.
- Choose whether you'd like to host from the Tastemade Livestream Platform or Elsewhere (YouTube, Zoom, etc.). If you are hosting from the Tastemade platform, the livestream link sent out to your guests will automatically be generated. If hosting from elsewhere, you'll need to provide the link from there.
- The Host City field will determine the timezone of the class date & time you selected above. For example if your Host City is San Francisco, CA the timezone will be PST/PDT. For livestreams outside the US, Pacific Time is used.
- Recipe/Ingredient Lists are not required but highly recommended to give your guests the best experience possible. Including a link here means that your recipe/ingredient list will be automatically sent out to people who sign up for your class.
- The Cuisine and Special Diet fields are optional.
- We have several different optional Privacy Options. You can make your experience private and password protected, manually approve every guest, or (for livestreams hosted on Tastemade) make the livestream page public so that anyone with the link can join.
- We recommend adding Menu details if you're hosting a cooking experience, especially if multiple dishes are being covered. This allows you to go into further details about each component of the class that you mentioned in your Description.
- Set your Standard Price and add any Add-Ons or Fees. Note that Add-Ons are optional for guests, while Fees are mandatory.
- Add your Photos. We've got some tips for upping your photo game here. You must add at least three photos.
- The Confirmation Email Note is one of the most important sections of the experience listing, as it is the first time you'll communicate directly to your guests. Greet them and let them know how excited you are for the upcoming experience! If you did not include a recipe/ingredient list link above, you can type those out in this field along with any other pertinent information: Does something need to be prepped in advance? Is some special tool needed? etc. The Confirmation Email Note automatically gets sent out at three times:
- 1: When a guest purchases a ticket for your experience.
- 2: A reminder email one day before your experience.
- 3: A reminder email 30 minutes before your experience starts (for livestreams only).
C. Once you've filled out everything, click the "REVIEW" button at the bottom of the page. Note: If the review button is greyed out, there's still a required field that's missing some information. Look over everything again, and make sure there's a green checkmark by each required field.
Step 4: Publishing Your Experience
Once you've looked over your experience page and are happy with everything, click "POST LIVE" on the top right of the page. Congratulations, your experience is NOW LIVE! Copy the URL at the top of the page--this is where you want to link out to in all your promotions. We automatically email your Tastemade followers when you post a new experience (up to once per day).
Step 5: Promote Your Experience
Now it's time to share your experience with your audience! Some helpful tips on that here.
Step 6: Get Ready to Host
With your event approaching it's time to get ready! If you're hosting a livestream using the Tastemade Experience platform check out these instructions.